enarhyazzh-CNzh-TWcsdanlettlfifrkadeelhihuisiditjakolvmsnofaplptruskslessvthtrukviyi

.........-----

translate arrow

MUNICH: May 10, 2017. Less than two weeks after it re-launched itself as Lineas, rail logistics company B Logistics has come to transport logistic in Munich "to show our international customers the ambition, force and dynamics we bring to rail transport," according to CEO Geert Pauwels.

LINEASA "virtually bankrupt department" of Belgian Railways (NMBS/SNCB) eight years ago, B Logistics-now-Lineas has managed to transform itself into a financially sound, private growth company that last year reported an EBITDA of €27 million – up from €15 million in 2015 and its seventh year of improving financials according to Pauwels.

"After years of restructuring, we have become one of the biggest and most dynamic private rail operators in Europe," he declared. "Our ambition is clear: get trucks off the road and shift those volumes to rail."

To do this Lineas wants to expand its 'Green Express Network' that carries large volumes of steel, chemicals and consumer goods to 10 destinations in Europe to 20 or 30 cities by 2020. Last year the self-described "rail freight forwarder" delivered 31.5 million tonnes – up from 29.4 million tonnes in 2015.

"I am extremely proud that our organization which achieved the impossible in recent years is tackling our new ambitious challenge with the same passion and motivation. We want to make a difference and offer rail a future again," Pauwels continued.

Today, Lineas employs nearly 2,000 people who together generate an annual turnover of nearly €500 million. Swiss private equity group Argos Soditic owns 69 percent of the company with the remaining 31 percent held by NMBS/SNCB.

Headquartered in Brussels, the company has sites in France, Italy, the Netherlands and Germany and operates a fleet of 200 locomotives and 7,000 wagons.

- powered by Quickchilli.com -