translate arrow


DFW International Airport


BRU airportTwo Macquarie investment funds have sold their stakes in Brussels Airport to a consortium formed by APG, QIC and Swiss Life was finalised.

A fourth shareholder, Sky Holding Belgium Fund, managed by the investment company PMV, has joined the consortium. However, these transactions do not bring about any change in the direct shareholding or the governance of Brussels Airport Company.

Last March, the investment funds Macquarie European Infrastructure Fund 1 and 3 entered into an agreement to sell their 36% stake in Brussels Airport Company (BAC) to a consortium formed by the Dutch pension fund APG, the Australian investor QIC and the insurer Swiss Life. The sale by Macquarie was officially completed on Wednesday.

On Friday, the Sky Holding Belgium Fund, managed by the Belgian investment company PMV, announced the acquisition of a minority stake in the above-mentioned new consortium, indirect shareholder of Brussels Airport Company. This fund regroups five Belgian investors: Pension fund Metal, insurance company Patronale Life, pension fund manager ‘Pensioenfonds Bouw’, investment fund Epico and PMV.

These two transactions do not bring about any changes in the shareholding or governance of Brussels Airport Company. Indeed, it will continue to be held by its two direct shareholders: the private company BAISA, which holds 75% of the shares, and the Federal Participation and Investment Company (SFPI-FPIM), which holds the remaining 25 percent.

Brussels Airport would like to thank Macquarie for the successful collaboration over the past 15 years. Brussels Airport welcomes the arrival of new indirect shareholders which confirms the attraction of Brussels Airport Company for institutional investors with a long- term vision.

CSAFE Global






- powered by Quickchilli.com -